....... Down to the last penny!
News You Can Use!
Key Upcoming Deadlines
- October 1: Open enrollment for health insurance coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace begins
- October 1: SHOP Marketplace opens enrollment for employers with 50 or fewer full-time equivalent employees
- October 1: Employers must provide a notice of coverage options to each employee
- Individuals and employees of small businesses gain access to coverage on the Health Insurance Marketplace
- SHOP Marketplace opens to employers with 50 or fewer full-time equivalent employees
- Individual mandate for health coverage
- Medicaid expansion
- January 1: Employer "play-or-pay" mandate
- Employer information reporting to the IRS on employee coverage
- All SHOP exchanges will open to employers with up to 100 FTE's
- States may open exchanges to businesses with more than 100 employees
- 40 percent excise tax on high-cost health plans
Source:Accounting Today (Tax Strategy) September 2013